30 September 2009

On Whisky and Cigars...


I'm a beer and whisky man. And by whisky, I mean single malts only. Blended whisky, my friends, is for drinking in mixed drinks. I've been drinking Clan MacGregor the past coupla days in ginger ale and soda mixers. It can't be beat at a mere $11.99 a bottle -- for mixing. For drinking neat, nothing I've had beats Glenfiddich. So far, I've tried the 12 year,15 year, and 15 year Solera reserve. I've bought a bottle of the 18 year old, but I'm saving that for a special occasion. (Probably I'll take a flask of that for the Yankee playoff game we're going to next week...)
   They say life is too short for cheap whiskey, beer, or cigars, but, in truth, we all do the best we can. Sometimes, we have to make do with what's available and affordable. So, often, I have to make do with the cigar that comes $20 for a 20 cigar bundle. Time to mix another MacGregor and soda...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker