12 January 2010

Morning Vent, 12 January 2010



     Reibo and I have been enjoying Have Gun - Will Travel on Netflix streaming. Like a lot of TV shows, not all the episodes are available for streaming due to contractual legal BS. Even so, it's a really neat thing to have that show (and many other movies and series) available at the push of a button. It's not perfect. Sometimes network congestion results in jerky video and/or out of synch audio, but, by and large, it's a real pleasure.
     Richard Boone is a favorite actor of mine. I never saw the original Have Gun - Will Travel. (That was before my time. *blush*) But I saw him as a charismatic villain in some of my favorite movies like Hombre (where Paul Newman should have gotten an Oscar for out-toughing Richard Boone) and Big Jake, where Boone was a great foil for John Wayne.
     After dinner last night, I blended the homemade Irish Cream with some DeKuyper butterscotch schnapps. Whoa! It was amazingly good! Just like the great Buttery Nipples Reibo made for us uring our Yankee game tailgates. I think we're going to be using that blender quite a bit! Today, we bought the strawberry syrup to make the homemade Tequila Rose, so we have that to look forward to, as well!

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker