02 February 2010

Morning Vent, 2 February 2010 (Groundhog Day)

Groundhog Day: The Reckoning
[Update @ 1057: Punxatawney Phil saw his shadow, so no early Spring for us.]
[Update @ 0905: Well, the day is off to an inauspicious start as my DOL rep called to cancel due to car troubles. Back home now, bracing myself for a cancellation from Gonzer.]
    A full day in store as I try to beat Punxatawney Phil to the unemployment office. In the afternoon is my schlep to Yorktown Heights to interview for the Gonzer temp position. At work, my bud George Danko and I used to joke every Wednesday morning, when we'd get off work, how great it would be to have that day as our eternal Groundhog Day. Man, it seems ironic now, 7 months after getting laid off...On to the links.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker