06 March 2010

Morning Vent, 6 March 2010

 Kate Nauta uses the Akimbo perk.

    Going to try to hook up the old Xbox 360 in my living room as a streaming device today or tomorrow. Still haven't unwrapped BC2, tho I took it out of its package already. An interesting news item linked today is that more folks are playing BC2 on the PC than the Xbox 360 and PS3 combined. What that ultimately says about the ultimate success or longevity of BC2 is still up in the air. No numbers in the linked article, but it makes me wonder whether Bad Company 2 can beat the odds and become a smash hit on the PC. Game sales today are almost all on the consoles. Short of a Starcraft, World of Warcraft, or Diablo-type phenom, the money is in console sales.
    I'm not switching over just yet. I think the deciding factor will be what the DLC for MW2 this month or next turns out to be. If it's a glitch-laden mess, I'll probably rage-quit the series and bunker up till the rebooted Medal of Honor and/or Call of Duty: Banging Saigon Sally come out.
    My disenchantment with dealing with pre-pubescent douchebags hasn't abated. I wish there was an senior citizen playlist or something so I wouldn't have to deal with this:

 

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker