01 June 2010

Morning Vent, 1 June 2010

 Her name is not June... It's Jaime. (And why
is that dweeb in the background?)

    Today is 1 June 2010. June derives its name from the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter, the King of the Gods. (And, in case you wondered where the Romans got the name Jupiter from the Greek Zeus, it's Zeus plus Pater = ZeuzPater = Jupiter.) As noted in the linked wiki article, the Romans considered June a lucky month for a wedding, since Juno was patroness of marriage and the married couple's household. Though the popularity of June as a marriage month probably owes more to the higher likelihood of good weather, modern wedding folklore says a June bride will be impetuous and generous, and a couple married in June is likely to travel.
    I'm certainly traveling today. I'm hauling up North today to go to work for one night. I think I'm OK to work. Tho my right leg still gives me some discomfort, I think I can make it through one night. Plus, I have some HR stuff still to take care of at work. I hope to have some semblance of a normal schedule in a week or two. Once I get the rhythm of travel-work down, it should be easier to figure out how much free time I actually have available.
    Wednesday's update will be late or non-existent, as I'll either be driving back home or I'll still be up North taking care of business.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker