24 June 2010

Morning Vent, 24 June 2010

GungirlTM doesn't have any answers, either.


    Still laid up this AM. Feel a bit better overall, but I just wish this leg problem would go away. I still think myself that I'm fighting a really stubborn case of cellulitus that was a byproduct of my original slight injury. The inflammation seems a teensy bit less this AM, the skin just a bit less reddish. Right now, the effect is subtle, unnoticeable to the casual observer. But I can clearly see it, and all I have to do is walk on it a few minutes and it starts aching and swelling up.
   Being immobilized really sucks. It hurts, too. As I mentioned previously, I'd been laid up with a hamstring tear in '04 or '03 when I slipped and fell at work. I was sidelined for six weeks, unable to do more than hop/limp to the bathroom and back. Being stuck in one position makes your body hurt in a lot of other places other than where your injury is. That's the way I feel now. As soon as I stand, I feel the area on my leg start getting warm, the skin creepily stretching. It's a weird, sickening feeling. Not long after that, it starts to hurt, which it didn't before my ill-fated work extravaganza on Sunday night... I seriously want this to be over.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker