29 June 2010

Morning Vent, 29 June 2010

Milla has a strong right hand...


    Sorry about wimping out yesterday. I was feeling distinctly ill and very nauseous (which the doctor had warned me could happen with any of the meds I'm taking). I usually try to time the various pills to minimize the effect, but it just didn't work yesterday. I just laid in yesterday, feeling sickish and a bit thrashed. I got absolutely nothing accomplished, but I did rest up a bit. I hope to make up for it a bit today.
    I was thinking about my long-time interest in first person shooters. It's a weird thing. When I play TDM, I usually don't get that torqued out. It's a different thing when I play Free-for-All. I get a serious 'fight or flight' thing going in a FFA match. My heart and breathing rate go up as if I was fighting for real. It's not real, of course, but it makes me think of the field exercises from my Army days. I had a 'moment of clarity' once when I peeked out from a sandbagged bunker and saw a guy on the opfor aiming directly at my head. If it had been real life, instead of an Army field exercise, I would have been deader than Julius Caesar.  Weird, huh? Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker