08 July 2010

Afternoon Vent, 8 July 2010

 GungirlTM takes a non-standard firing position...


      Again, appy-polly-lodges for the late update. I was pretty thrashed after my work night and an unexpected excursion afterward. Well, I made it through an entire night of work. (This is way more triumphant than it may seem. I'd made it like 9 hours out of 12 the last time...) My afflicted leg still swelled up, and it was still painful, but the pressure stocking made it bearable. I cannot begin to tell you how good not bad it felt to reach the end of the work night and not be in agony. I had set myself the after work mission of going to the local Walmart to get some supplies for the new flat, but things went awry when the GPS sent me on an urban excursion through downtown Albany. Seems there are multiple cities and towns here with the same zip code and all have a 'Washington Avenue'. On the plus side, I got to see some of the local sights as I weaved through traffic, one eye on my red-lining engine temperature and an ear out for the creaking and popping of the skin on my inflating leg. I made it to the flat OK and crashed. Feel pretty good, relatively speaking, and I'm pretty dang happy about that...




    The Blacklight: Tango Down release has come and gone. If I'm physically able, I'll try and collate some reviews of the game for tomorrow or the next day. In the main blog, we have some first impression gameplay to look at. It's interesting the Dunkus mentions that team spawn points have mounted turrets that prevent the enemy from the 'camp your spawn point' dick move. (That was a Team Fortress feature from way back, and I always loved it when some pudknocker on the enemy team weaseled his way into the spawn and got ventilated by the turrets. Good times.) Dunkus also mentions that health doesn't regenerate. You have to seek out health packs using the 'Visor' mode. The 'Visor' mode sounds interesting since it also regenerates health, tho it sounds from Dunkus' narration that it's a temporary boost. The Visor also highlights enemy positions on the map in a kinda wall-hack view through in map structures. No shooting while in Visor mode, tho, luckily. Not sure if I like that, but for $15, I'll probably take the plunge on Blacklight: Tango Down once this work week is done. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker