12 July 2010

Morning Vent, 12 July 2010

 GungirlTM needs to strengthen her grip!

    Feeling pretty good today. I tried sleeping without my leg elevated, and it did swell a bit. I'm gonna haveta keep it up when I go to sleep, at least for the time being. I'm trying to keep active on my days off so as not to get overwhelmed by all the walking and standing at work. I'm taking it slow, being careful, and trying to take care of myself. Fingers crossed.



    I did manage to download Blacklight: Tango Down yesterday. (Luckily, all the effort it took was to turn on my console and log in to Xbox Live; the game was already queued for download.) I played single player, trying to get a feel for how the game works. My initial impression is that it's a real gem with some rough edges. I'm working on a single player review now. I'll be playing some more of the Black Ops missions - trying to at least finish one of them. The game is fun, tho if it had cost me $60, I might like it a lot less. The reviews have been rather ho and hum, rather too critical some of them. The Metacritic metascore isn't available yet, but based on Destructoid's measly 30 score for the game (as yet unaccounted for on Metacritic) it doesn't bode well. Players may well be more generous with their scores, as the user rating on Metacritic is 90 with 32 users chiming in. Unless they're all Zombie Studios employees, the game may still have a chance. They all seem to be bitching that the game isn't Modern Warfare 2 for $15, instead of rightfully praising what it serves up for the price of a delivery pizza.

    The first CoD link up speculates about first day sales for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Pacific Crest analyst Evan Wilson has had to increase his estimate for Black Ops initial sales from 10 million to 12 million units, with preorders outpacing those of Modern Warfare 2 at this point. Will Call of Duty: Black Ops be bigger than Modern Warfare 2, tho? Wilson says no, basing it on 'competition, weaker marketing, and the Infinity Ward situation'. IMO, he's talking out his ass on this one. His estimates that Black Ops will sell at least 12 million units before year end may be on the money, but my guess is that the average CoD customer neither knows nor cares what studio developed the latest CoD game, much less whether the publisher is embroiled in a messy lawsuit with former employees.
    My stokeage is running pretty high. At this point, with my aversion to the teabagging Timmies, I'm more inclined to play co-op, and I'm really looking forward to trying out the Black Ops flavor of it. Moving on... 

    Today's featured vid is a satisfying Timmy massacre on World at War by bwwaaaa. He's only 24, but, considering the hurtin' he puts on the Timmies, I'm not inclined to split hairs. :-D

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker