13 July 2010

Morning Vent, 13 July 2010

 GungirlTM says, "Hands up!"

    I was just thinking... It's a sign of my weak dedication to gaming that I usually don't link to IGN's Daily Fix unless the luscious Jessica Chobot is the hostess. If it's some other IGN host - no clue what their names are - I skip it. They could be announcing the gaming equivalent of the discovery of penicillin and I'd overlook it. Guess that makes me sexist.
    The blog might be late or postponed tomorrow. I have to travel up North for my new work week, so I'll be motorvating early in the AM to beat the heat. Likewise, posting might be weak during the week (no pun intended). I'm on Weds-Sat this week, so I'm likely to be pretty tired. 



    As noted in my Blacklight: Tango Down 'Black Ops' single player review, Matt64 and I finished off the single player portions yesterday. (He emailed me to ask me to mention how he beat my score nearly every game, and what a sterling player he was, so I'll lie like a rug and say he was. Good job, Matt64!) I liked the game, but I felt that its single player offerings were on the weak side. It would have been nice if they'd offered the 'Horde' mode which was popularized by Gears of War and Halo 3: ODST. It would have added to the longevity of enjoying that portion of the game for me.
    As linked over the past few days, the reviews for Blacklight: Tango Down have been spotty. The jury is still out, tho. If some of the matchmaking issues I've heard about can be patched, it might save the game, so to speak. The YouTube reviews, from gaming directors, linked in the main blog today, are quite positive. (In fact, BadFatPanda mentions in his review that there's a party system in Blacklight: Tango Down. You have to change your clan tag in the Blacklight: Tango Down setup for your player and then have your friends with the same clan tag join up as a party; all players with the same in-game clan tag will then be on the same team and in the same party continuously up to the max number of eight players.) I might try my hand at some multiplayer later today, if I get all the errands run and feel OK. If so, I might be able to cook up some first impressions of the multiplayer. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker