14 July 2010

Morning Vent, 14 July 2010 (Travel Edition)

GungirlTM has a nice post-WWII 'Grease Gun'
 
    [I've scheduled this blog entry and the main blog below to autopost shortly after 7AM EST. Apologies if any news is missed... I'm on the road today.]

    I was going to take my digital camera with me on this trip up North, but I decided against it. I'm resisting the temptation to carry too much stuff. Instead, I found the YouTube video ad for the rental company which owns the apartments where I'm staying. The apartment, a studio, is almost exactly like the one I'm haunting. Check it out:

Campus View Studio Apartment

Uploaded 26 August 2009 by apartmenthomelivingA






    I managed to get online for one match on Blacklight: Tango Down yesterday. I played deathmatch, placed 3rd, going 18 for 18. Although I only had time for the one match, I can state that Blacklight: Tango Down multiplayer is immense fun. It's a fast-paced multiplayer FPS with balanced weaponry and gameplay that delivers all the fun the single player fails to deliver. There are still connection issues. I timed out a few times trying to join other matches after my initial lobby broke up. When I finally found a matched game, the connection to the host dropped. I had to move to real life stuff then, but I actually was sorry to have to go. The last few times I played Modern Warfare 2, any calamity that stopped me from playing was greeted with a sigh of relief. Playing MW2 - with all the cheating, glitches, and douchebags - had become more a chore than a pastime. Mind you, deathmatch - the purest FPS flavor - is a different animal than team games. But it's a flavor that I'm going to try to indulge in more with Blacklight: Tango Down.
    In the main blog today, we have a clip of top 10 MW2 killcams. To satisfy my current Blacklight: Tango Down fixation, we have another YouTube review and a couple of review links for you to check out, plus some other links of gamer and general interest. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker