24 July 2010

Morning Vent, 24 July 2010 (Travel Edition)

Today's GungirlTM knows silence is golden...

    [Blog is scheduled to autopost at 0700 hrs on 24 July; hopefully, I'll be barreling South down the Thruway towards home by then.]

    Still don't know the final results of the tests my Mom has undergone at the hospital this week. I get texts from Reibo, but there's a lot of stuff you can't get unless you're actually there talking to the doctors. We're all just praying and hoping for the best in this case.


    I've been cooking up a blog entry on what I like in a First Person Shooter, but I've been delaying it day after day, as I'm not quite satisfied with it. I have to have the time to actually sit down and scan it, rearrange some stuff, and add to it. Won't have that kind of time for a while. Maybe I can take a bit of time during the off days coming up to finish polishing it and publish it as a Vent.
    There's a severe shortage of CoD-related news as this Vent is being cooked up. The bottom of the barrel was scraped to add the links on the CTA Digital PS3 'Assault Rifle' controller. (I didn't want to do 'me, too' inks about Pachter's latest CoD subscription comments. Premium, my ass.) Today's featured Modern Warfare 2 vid is an RPD extravaganza on Terminal by SteveLikesPorridge. The RPD is probably the best LMG, both in CoD4 and MW2, offering a nice compromise of damage, firepower, and rate of fire. I usually did really well with the RPD at medium/long distances in both flavors of Modern Warfare, so it's a personal favorite of mine. I used to do the Campoholic thing with the silenced RPD quite a bit, and it was always a hoot to silently rain lead on unsuspecting enemies in HCTDM. Later in the week, we'll also have a Ken Burton vid extolling the virtues of the 'RP Dizzle'.
    There's a dearth of good vids today, too. I plugged most of the good ones into future blogs to save myself time during the work week, so today's second CoD vid is a music video by metalcore group Avenged Sevenfold with Call of Duty: Black Ops footage. Not a huge fan of today's metal, but if the mood strikes... Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker