04 July 2010

Morning Vent, 4 July 2010 (Independence Day)

 This GungirlTM could kick my ass - if I was lucky.

Happy Fourth of July!

    Independence Day is a Federal holiday celebrating the Declaration of Independence of the fledgling United States of America from England. A bit disturbing, perhaps, is a recent news item where 26% of Americans polled didn't know from whom we sought independence in 1776. I weep for the future.
    Feel pretty good today, all things considered. I'm still getting acclimated to the pressure stocking. It's pretty uncomfortable to wear, but it's a million times better than the pain and swelling that result from not wearing it. At this point, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to suck it up for the 12 hour work night. I'm going to go up early in any case to give myself a breather from the long drive up.
    I'm not in gaming trim yet by any means. I find now that sitting up in my usual gaming seat hurts my lower back, so I'm going to have to figure out something to let me game. I might have to move upstairs to the other Xbox 360 so I can sit upright with a lot of back pain. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker