14 August 2010

Morning Vent, 14 August 2010 (Cigar Edition)

 GungirlTM strikes a movie poster pose...

    Bit of a weak blog today due to time pressures. Mom's doing better today. She sounded far stronger than last week. Word is, the move to a physical rehab facility may be coming by the weekend or the start of next week. We're all hopeful that we've seen the worst of this, and Mom can make a full recovery.


      I usually buy my stogies online. My two favorite etailers are JR Cigar and Holts.com. Both offer excellent values in boxes, bundles, and samplers. I can't smoke at home, so I usually smoke when I drive to work or at lunch during work weeks. A daily premium cigar is too expensive for me, so I usually get an inexpensive bundle from one of the online stores. Lately, for my daily, inexpensive cigar, I've been smoking Holt's 'Bottom Shelf' cigars. The website description gives the cigar short shrift, tho pointing out that the 'Bottom Shelf' cigars still taste light years better than machine-mades available here in the US. And it's true.
    I've found the 'Bottom Shelf' cigars to be excellent smokes. They have a nice, unblemished wrapper. And they actually are a nice medium-bodied smoke, outstanding for the low price. My hour and half drive to work gives me enough time to smoke two, and I enjoy every minute of it. The 'Bottom Shelf' cigars are available only in 7x50 size, either tapered or straight. I'd love a Robusto size variation, but these are a great bargain nonetheless, great for smoking while doing yardwork, etc.



    Today's featured Call of Duty 4 vid is a flawless TDM on crash by the redoubtable Ronin6337. Second up is Kiddy Kong tearing up Quarry with the akimbo Vectors. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker