21 August 2010

Morning Vent, 21 August 2010 (Homeward Bound Edition)

 Waif GungirlTM has sixpack abs, but
lousy trigger discipline.

    Bit of a slim update as I'm pressed for time, as usual, on my last work day. Mom continues to make slow improvement. It's difficult to be sure, not actually being there, but I'll go see her first thing when I get up tomorrow afternoon.
    In the meantime, at work last night and the night before, I smoked a Holt's 'Bottom Shelf' figurado cigar during lunch. Incidentally, I don't have any financial connection with Holt's (other than periodically giving them my money in return for their tobacco products). I'm not advertising their site, just relating where I get my own evil weed to puff on. (And, no, not that 'evil weed'. Get your mind out of the gutter. There's not enough room down there for both of us!) 

No, I don't make enough to smoke the Opus, either...

    I think that the Medal of Honor 'Taliban option' thing will turn out to be just the typical multiplayer thing. I recall that America's Army solved the 'never playing the enemy' problem by having each team appear to themselves as US soldiers. They saw the other team as the enemy, but never themselves as enemy combatants. I thought it was a neat thing to have in a game, myself. I always preferred to play as a hero, not a villain, so it made perfect sense to me. Nevertheless, it looks like the Medal of Honor 'playing as the Taliban' issue is blown hugely out of proportion, taking a standard multiplayer conceit (i.e., someone plays the bad guy) and turning it into a faux political issue. Nothing to see here, move along. 



    Today's featured Modern Warfare 2 is another Sandy Ravage Free-for-all massacre. Always love to watch him play; now that I work every Weds-Thurs-Fri, I usually miss out on his Live Stream on Justin.TV. Luckily, there's always YouTube. The second vid is episode 13 of Anoj'sTop 10 MW2 glitches. Amazing, isn't it, that there are thirteen episodes of glitches? Or maybe we should be amazed that there are only thirteen of them. Moving on...

Simon & Garfunkel - Homeward Bound (Monterey 1967)

Uploaded 24 September 2006 by TheDormouse

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker