23 August 2010

Morning Vent, 23 August 2010

 Apocalyptic GungirlTM Moon Bloodgood
needs to learn the fast magazine change...

    Spent about 3 hours at the nursing home yesterday with Mum. They don't do physical therapy per se on Sunday, but they sat her in the wheelchair for that time period. While I was there, I helped her do some leg presses to help strengthen her quads, hoping that will help her get stronger for standing. She was mostly in good spirits, tho she was pretty uncomfortable at the end of the three hour period. I'm still hopeful and praying hard. A lot of her progress will depend on her and how determined she is to get better and recoup her strength. I don't know how I would do in a similar situation. It's easy to say, 'You gotta do this to get better', but it's a hell of a lot harder to do it. Reibo, who spent months regaining his strength after his car accident with white-coated undertakers telling him he'd never walk again, responded with a pithy and hearty 'Fuck you' to the health care industry and got better anyway... Mom is gonna haveta steel herself just that way. With God's help, she'll find the will to do it. 



    I keep forgetting to bring in the cigar band (I generally keep them, and I used to keep a cigar journal where I'd paste them and write little reviews) of the premium I smoked on the drive South the other day. Luckily, I happened to remember the brand this AM: Boardwalk. I don't know if these are another Holt's house brand with a cigar band thrown on, but it sure was a tasty smoke. It was a bit stronger than medium smoke with some bite to it. Over the years, I've found that Nicaraguan cigars tend to be a bit tangier than others, tho the Boardwalk cigars do have a mixed filler of Dominican, Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Brazilian tobacco. It's only $39.99 a 20 cigar bundle, so it's probably a rebanded cigar imported by Holt's in bulk. Still a good cigar, tho, tho not so much better that I'd pay twice as I do for my current low budget fave, 'Bottom Shelf'. ;-)


     Today's featured vid is a CoD4 TDM match performed to excellence with the inevitable AK-47 by DILLION99PS3. The second vid is a montage (or lucktage) of MW2 killstreaks. Moving on...

Music Monday - The Bangles - Manic Monday

Uploaded 21 January 2010 by omgvallx3 

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker