11 October 2010

Morning Vent, 11 October 2010

GungirlTM Sondra Locke from Sudden Impact. No apologies...


    As the daylight hours wane, so wanes the year. We're rapidly approaching the end of 2010, and the end of the first decade of the 21st Century. (BTW, as a purist, I still insist that the year 2000 was the last year of the 20th Century, not the first of the 21st.) What will the new decade bring?
    We can table that discussion for New Year's Eve, tho, We still have Halloween to get thru...
    As Thanksgiving approaches, I'm thinking more and more about all the things I have to be thankful for. A year has made a tremendous difference, and God has blessed me bounteously. As I emailed to friends the other day, any one of several catastrophes since last year could have sealed my fate. I've been exceedingly lucky. I think of that every time I fire up my '96 Jeep Death-trap 'cuz I look up at the Saint Christopher medallion I keep on the visor and ask for his protection and intercession. That bad boy's been a busy bee these past six or eight months! And Saint Jude, Saint Rita, and Saint Anthony have been clocking in the overtime hours, too!  

    Tomorrow, Medal of Honor comes out. I've got the pre-order in, so it'll be coming in the mail sometime this week or next. Sadly, there's no co-op in the game, but I'll be eagerly playing the single player version and reporting on it here.
    Moving on...

Music Monday - 'Never Even There' - 32 Leaves

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker