17 October 2010

Morning Vent, 17 October 2010

Bridal GungirlTM arranges for
an Austrian divorce... 

    Well, my morning meeting Saturday morning was mercifully brief and painless. I got out of work only 15 minutes or so later than I usually do... I was glad of that because I was really, really feeling tired towards the end. I had some serious Dracula-style eyeball redness. (Still have a bit, but it should clear up by tomorrow, after a decent night's sleep.)
    Saturday night's dinner with the folks and family friends went very well. I had a very nice grilled chicken salad. It was a very relaxed, enjoyable evening. I was really tired afterward, so, except for a brief trip onto Facebook and some abortive attempts at continuing my Half-life 2 campaign, I went to sleep right afterwards.
    Today, I'm venturing North for my Rail Trail walk. I'm really looking forward to it.
    I've reached one of those points in gaming where I'm going to be forced to backtrack several savegames. One of the frequently criticized features of the otherwise superb Half-life 2 campaign are the seemingly interminable airboat segments. Well, I ditched the airboat at the first opportunity, but I found it was too soon. I traversed an area poisoned by radioactivity on foot, and I emerged from it with a health of 17/100 and a gunship waiting outside for me. I'll have to go back a chapter and pick up the airboat. *sigh*
    Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker