03 September 2011

Morning Vent, 3 September 2011

GungalTM of the Day
GungalTM should keep an eye down-range...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, I'm counting the hours till I'm back in my Sweet Gal's arms. In mere hours and a nap, I'll be on my way home, and my gal and I are planning a bit of a get-away for this weekend, as well, to try and make up for the one Hurricane Irene put the kibosh on last week. So, if the blogging is a bit sparse this weekend, please bear with me. Things will be back to normal soon, I hope. 
    Not much new on the gaming front, tho my Pretty Gamer Gal and I teamed up for some Toontown yesterday. It was pretty awesome, tho some bad luck sent my little toon back to the playground sad, lol. I still haven't bought the new zombie map pack for Black Ops. I haven't even had my Xbox powered on, what with the hurricane and all. As you might have noticed (or not, lol), the reviews for the first person shooter, Bodycount, have been less than stellar. Not surprising, I guess, since the key mover, Stuart Black, who created the incredibly frenetic predecessor to Bodycount, the legendary Black, announced he was leaving the former game's studio, Codemasters, in July of 2010
    Included in today's CoD links is the YouTube version of the Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer world premiere. If nothing else, it shows that these guys really, really know how to package their work to sell. Despite my underwhelming reaction to the idea of another glitch-filled frag-fest full of shrill voiced pre-pubescent dillweeds who shouldn't be playing a mature-rated game anyway. I couldn't help but like what the trailer was pitching. I like a fast-moving military FPS that's quasi-realistic, and CoD sells that really, really well - even if it can't deliver on half of what it promises. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker