11 November 2011

Morning Vent, 11 November 2011

GungalTM of the Day
 Soldier GungalTM stands her post...

    Today is Veteran's Day in the United States. It seens just yesterday that I was on the bus to Fort Benning, GA, watching with fascination as we rolled by trainees on the PT field on the way into the barracks. Twenty-six years ago today, I was about half-way through the infantry training cycle at Benning, already wanting to go back home to family and friends. I can't imagine the heartache of men and women serving under fire, standing guard for us all against the threats around the world. Take just one moment from your busy day today, please, and remember those men and women who have sacrificed so much to protect us. Honor them for their faithfulness, bravery, and unswerving resolve.
    The week ended early for me, and I'm on my home to my beloved Effie!! By the time the blog auto-posts on the HQ, I'l be just a few miles from home, almost smelling the coffee my Sweet Wife has waiting for me!! Effie, baby, I love you!! I'll be home in a few minutes!! 
    On the gaming front, I got a bit daring and downloaded the Ballistic 2.5 mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. I only had time to play a couple of games, but came away impressed. Haven't found any total conversions yet, but I'm still looking, lol. If the stars align, I might try to grab my Xbox 360 from the old HQ bunker, but that all depends on how much there is to do this week. Odds are, the Xbox will stay right where it is until the next gaming date, which is tentatively scheduled for Black Friday. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker