28 November 2011

Morning Vent, 28 November 2011

GungalTM of the Day
 GI GungalsTM stay cool in OD boxers and shades...

    A wonderful weekend with my wife, as we wrapped up the Thanksgiving holiday week with a port roast for a change of pace from turkey. We're both still a bit under the weather, but thankfully, we're on the mend. We're still in the process of doing the post-wedding paperwork, and we hope to get a lot done today. 
    We did manage to game some yesterday. Missus Joker and I teamed up for some Toontown. Later, she made some more progress on Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. She picked up a slingshot, bought a shield (which mysteriously didn't appear in her inventory afterward), and she slew a bunch of Skulltulas. For myself, I finally took Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 out for a spin on the Wii. And, yes, it's still 100% CoD, with all of the cranks that implies. There's an underwater sequence that had me almost swearing. There's one 'Slide of Death' down a hillside that had me pulverized by debris no less than five times. (My beloved Gamer Gal kept count for me.) Added to that is the awkwardness that inevitably results from learning a new controller scheme. Aiming is decidedly difficult for me, as the aiming reticle seems to slop around terribly, moving sluggishly sometimes and other times sailing right past my intended targets. Gameplay-wise, I'm keeping it on 'Recruit'. No sense adding to the annoyance factor by multiplying the bullets in my ass by a factor of 50 or so. The game is all action with minimal story, as far as I can tell. I'm 10% thru, but I'm thinking that is a benchmark that takes into account playing the game at higher difficulty levels, which I'm surely not going to do, at least on the Wii, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker