09 November 2011

Morning Vent, 9 November 2011

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM likes her folding stock AK-47...


    Wonderful, if busy weekend, at home with my beloved Effie!! We've gotten a lot of things accomplished in a short period of time, too. Back to work tonight for a short rotation. I'll be coming back home on Friday morning this week and my beloved Effie and I will try to get ready for some upcoming birthday celebrations. There are birthday cards to buy and gifts to pre-order... We'll have a boatload of celebrating to do this month, too, as Effie and I mark the one year anniversary of our first date, our first Thanksgiving together, and one very special birthday. Effie, my honey, I love you!! I'll be home on Friday!! Awesome!
    As I mentioned, Missus Joker and I got quite a few things done, but one of them wasn't picking up Modern Warfare 3, lol. When we drove by the local friendly GameStop, at mid-day, mind you, the line was still around the corner. We just didn't have time to stand in line to pick up my copy. I might do it on the way to work tomorrow, keeping it for safe-keeping in a hermetically sealed container to maintain its freshness until I can actually play the campaign. 
    In the meantime, I'm scrupulously staying away from spoiler-laden reviews, much as I can. The numbers are predictably good, with most game sites giving the latest Call of Duty a solid 9. I'm content to wait until I can sit and play through the game and see for myself. I played just a bit of Unreal Tournament 2004 this weekend, as it was a pretty busy week as the Missus and I tried to get some of the post-marriage paperwork out of the way. Still a ways to go, but we're plowing through it, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker