08 December 2011

Morning Vent, 8 December 2011

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM sits this one out...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the first night will be over, and I'll already be counting the hours till I go home to my wife!! My Missus got the good news from her knee doc that she'll be able to go back to work, tho with her status still on part-time/fill-in, it's uncertain how many hours will actually be available for her. We'll see. Still, regardless, come Saturday morning, I'll be on my way home to my beloved Effie!! Lord, I can't wait to be home with her again!! Effie, I love you!! I'll be home in just 3 nights!
    On the gaming front, my Gamer Gal is making really impressive progress on Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword! It's actually a lot of fun to watch her solve puzzles in the Zelda dungeons. For my part, I got through another single player mission on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I'm getting a bit disappointed at the sluggishness of the wiimote. I could up the sensitivity on it, I guess, but the chief problem seems to be that turning is extremely difficult. The turning mechanism is the wiimote sensing movement to the edges of the screen, and that makes for a lot of slop in making turns. Maybe it's a learning curve, but on the most recent mission, where there were a lot of right and left jogs to keep up behind the 'follow me' NPC, it just sucked.
   I'm wondering whether I should order the first Modern Warfare for the Wii, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, which is down to just $20 on Amazon. The FNG 'killhouse' runthrough on that game was great for learning the movement techniques on the PC and Xbox 360 for me. I used it over and over again to practice, eventually getting my best time down to 20 secs. Moving on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember trying to get my time to 15 seconds :P
In my opinion I don't think CoD on wii is worth the effort, after playing it on console/pc I find it impossible to get used to the awkward controls, but that is just my opinion :D

Joker961 said...

I kinda agree with you on the controls, but it's currently the only way I can play MW3, so it's the Wii or nada. When I want a FPS fix for real, I use UT2004 on my laptop...

Anonymous said...

Suppose it's better than nothing.

 
eXTReMe Tracker