12 January 2012

Morning Vent, 12 January 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM does her Portal Chell cosplay right...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the first of four long work nights is over, and I'm crawling into bed for some much needed shuteye. I usually start the countdown to going home a bit later, but I was missing my beloved Effie almost before I left yesterday!! The trip up North is usually pretty grim, as we're facing half a week or more away from each other. But it's all good come Sunday morning, because I'll be on my way home to her loving arms as soon as the work night is done!! I love you, honey!! I'll be home on Sunday morning!!
    One of the news links today features sales figures for the Xbox 360 and the Kinect. After seeing how much fun the grandkids had with the Kinect, it's not hard to see why it has sold well, tho I definitely had my doubts about it early on. Will it be a serious gaming device? Well, not for the games I play, I think. There's far too much imput lag on it for it to be practical for 'twitch' games like first person shooters. The standard console controller is already lousy for shooters compared to the Excalibur of FPS gaming, the mouse and keyboard. Throw in the flailing inaccuracy of the Kinect, and you've got a losing combination, as far as shooters are concerned anyway. But if you're going to dance, play with a tiger cub, or otherwise just mess around, it's not a bad deal. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker