17 January 2012

Morning Vent, 17 January 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM Penny Mathis says 'Look, but don't touch'...

    Wonderful weekend at home with my beloved Effie!! We marked our 3 month milestone quietly at home, lol, but with full contentment, enjoying my Sweet Gal's miraculous makeover of left-over pork chops into a Oriental rice concoction that was just awesome. 
    My beloved was called to work today, as I updated this blog entry, I received her text that she got through OK. (There's an ice storm on in the Mid-Hudson Valley, tho it doesn't seem too bad from my wife's first text.) Today, I've got a few chores to do at the old HQ bunker if all the stars align and weather permits. I've got some paperwork to print out that I'll need, plus I still have a boatload of junk that needs sorting and tossing out. I'm hoping I can get all the disposal taken care of before Summer. 
    Long-time readers of the blog will be familiar with my fascination with all things zombie. During my forced vacation unemployment, I read a number of zombie novels, including The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, by Max Brooks (incidentally the son of director Mel Brooks). Included in today's news links, is the XX Day Series, a series of graphics that tell a very similar story. It was curious indeed that news events (items about wacky people biting each other) helped create the story arc for the series. I haven't scanned every image yet, but the ones I've seen are extremely well designed, effectively telling the story. It's a work of art in the truest sense. Check it out. Moving on...

2 comments:

Centranthus said...

Happy three months!!!! The pork chops sound fantastic! Sorry I've been MIA - Jess-Land has been very chaotic as of late.

Hope you and Effie are well. I really enjoy your updates!

Joker961 said...

Sorry things have been so hectic for ya. Hope they settle down for ya soon.... Effie and I are doing really well. We're hoping to maintain, lol. Hugs!

 
eXTReMe Tracker