27 January 2012

Morning Vent, 27 January 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM Laurie Holden takes aim in Silent Hill...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the second of four nights is over, and the countdown to kissing and hugging my beloved Effie is on!! Just three more nights (kinda) remain till I go home to her loving arms!!! Lord, I can't wait!! Effie, I love you, baby! I'll be home in just two more nights! 
    I did manage to play some Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on my Windows 7 travel laptop yesterday. Seems it runs just fine on the default 800x600 settings. The game might run at higher resolutions, but it may take some trial and error. I was surprised to find my initial mission failed when I got killed even tho I set the difficulty to 'Easy'. Not coincidentally, the game has a very 'Call of Duty' feel to it, especially the way enemies are only apparently killed, and then get up, all refreshed and perky, and put a dozen bullets in your ass. As noted in the wiki link above, members of 2015, Inc., who developed MoH: AA, went on to found Call of Duty creators Infinity Ward. I'm looking forward to playing the MoH: AA all the way through this time, instead of getting stuck due to an in-game cheat, lol.
    I tried in vain to install the original Half-life on my travel laptop the other day. The old Sierra Games version of Half-life just hangs on installing. There may be some way to kludge it, but I haven't found it yet. I do have a copy of Half-life Source, somewhere. I've bought Half-life multiple times over the years, so I might be able to dig up my copy. I might cut to the chase and purchase it yet again on Steam, just to be able to finish that game, finally, after fourteen years, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker