17 February 2012

Morning Vent, 17 February 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 Retro GungalTM accessorizes her pinstripes with a suppressed AR-7...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the second of three nights is done, and I'm really, really anticipating going home to my beloved Effie!! The three night weeks sometimes seem even harder than the four-banger work rotations, and this is no exception.
    I'm still impressed with the capabilities of the Android smartphone my Tech Gal gave me! One of the things I want to resolve for it is voice to text for sending SMS messages. I like being able to alert my wife of my progress on the voyage home, and it's both impractical and dangerous to text on the road. So, I'm hoping I can find a reliable app for Android that can do the trick. So far, the ones I've tried have been unreliable at best, so we'll just have to wait and see whether I can track one down that's suitable. Moving on...

1 comment:

derek said...

I know on iPhone you can (if my understanding is correct) use Siri to set a text message to someone that you dictate.

And I know someone was working on a "Siri clone" for Android.

So my guess is "that app" could probably do what you're looking for. :-)

 
eXTReMe Tracker