23 February 2012

Morning Vent, 23 February 2012

GungalTM of the Day
Military Police GungalTM covers her flank...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the first work night of four is done, and I'm likely collapsed in a heap on my bed at the Albany pad. The first night is always the hardest, for sure, but it'll all be OK on Sunday when I get to come home to my beloved Effie!! I can't wait!! 
    I noted in the gaming links today, that someone has finally started a PC Gaming Wikipedia. It's about dang time. Google is teh awesome, but it sure would be fantastic to have solutions to PC gaming problems collated in one online resource. My Sweet Gal and I were wracking our brains and putting the stress test on the Google search engine earlier in the week trying to find a solution to a Toontown launch problem on Windows Vista. No luck thus far.
     My Gamer Gal has just about completed Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It looks like there's just one more huge, annoying boss fight left before the end of the game. I watched her play some over the weekend, and I'm still enthralled with the graphics on that game. Nintendo sure manages to make 480p look awesome! For my part, I revisited Killing Floor again yesterday for just one beginner level game. This time I made it to round three before being swarmed by ravenous zombies, lol. I guess it'll take some time to learn my way around the maps (there seem to be about a zillion of them!). I should never have stopped moving, for sure. But the maps are distinctly dahrk, and the only light source I currently have is the tactical light on my Beretta M9. I had the MAC-10 SMG briefly, but I upgraded to the M4 straight away. The map I got eaten on yesterday was a pretty nifty homage to Portal's Aperture Science Laboratories, so that was pretty cool in and of itself! Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker