26 February 2012

Morning Vent, 26 February 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM has almost as little bikini top control as trigger finger control, lol...

    As this posts on the HQ, I should be almost home!! It was a long, long work week, but in minutes, everything will be right with the world, because I'll be back home with my beloved Effie!! Effie, honey, I love you!! I'll be home to have morning coffee with you today!! 
    As I mentioned last week, I'm still enthralled with the awesome Android smartphone my beloved Effie gave me for Valentine's Day! I don't get too many phone calls, but I actually look forward to hearing the ringer now, since the default ringer I picked is the sound effect from the Nokia phone in The Matrix
    I revisited Killing Floor for one short game on Friday afternoon. I did better, using a custom setting, making it to the fifth level before I accidentally walked over my own grenade and blowed myself up real good! The game has not much plot to it, since it's basically just a framework/excuse for throwing a lot of zombies at you. And I'm OK with that. When the game ended, my hands were literally shaking from adrenalin. I've gotten that kind of thing before, both in real life and games, but it's been a while since I had that level of immersion in a video game. It's a very visceral game, for sure, since it puts you amongst a horde of yowling zombies and you're constantly on the run, trying not to get cornered and torn to pieces. The developer has thrown in little Matrix-like 'bullet time' effects on occasion which are really impressive looking. I've read that the graphics at the time of the game's release were criticized for looking dated. I can't really see it all that much. It looks pretty spiffy on my travel laptop. And, best of all, it will run on my rig, which is more than I can say for Black Ops, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker