03 February 2012

Morning Vent, 3 February 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM Jordan Carver shows off a couple of guns...

    As this posts on the HQ, the second of three nights is over, the last work day is here, and I'm likely crawling into the sack. Tomorrow morning, come rain, snow, hell, or high water, I'm going home to my beloved Effie!! We have plans for tomorrow to go out to dinner with Mama and Papa Joker over at Dead Lobster, so we're hoping that comes off without a hitch.
    Noted in today's game news is a report that the long delayed Half-life 2 mod, Black Mesa: Source, may see the light of day after all. As previously mentioned on the blog, Black Mesa: Source is a retelling of the original Half-life storyline, but rendered in the much improved Source graphics engine. Since I've been procrastinating buying yet another copy of Half-life, this may put me right over the edge, since the original Half-life game in Source has never really been done. I haven't touched Half-life 2, BTW, since I got stuck on Highway 17 being stung in the butt repeatedly by the antlions. Maybe I'll have a chance to retry that level this weekend, in between lashings of Call of Duty, lol.
    Speaking of Call of Duty, a hurried Google search for the wifi connection problem I had with the Wii and Call of Duty: Black Ops indicated I had to create a new online profile and then try to load multiplayer to get it to work. We'll see. Matt64 had given me a gift card for GameStop way back when, and I'd done an impulse buy there the other day while shopping on the way home. Guess if the issue can't be resolved, the money will go right back on the gift card, since I've already played the Black Ops campaign once, and multiplayer is the only attraction left for that game, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker