04 February 2012

Morning Vent, 4 February 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM shows good trigger discipline...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, I should be only minutes from home, minutes from holding my Sweet Gal tight and kissing her again!! It's been a long week, tho only three nights, and it's going to be wonderful to be home again with my beloved!! Effie, I love you, honey!! I'll be home in time for coffee.
    I managed to install the original PC version of Call of Duty on my travel laptop, and I was pretty happy to find that it has aged relative well. It runs smoothly on my Atom CPU powered laptop, and I remembered most of the first couple of missions while running through them (on the ultra-easy 'Greenhorn' difficulty, lol). The compass used for navigating to different objectives is often less than reliable, often leading directly towards dead ends. The bullets zinging in from every angle, all aimed directly at your ass, were comfortingly familiar. As a veteran CoD player, I'm intimately familiar with the rejuvenating sting of enemy bullets from every corner of the map, as well as with the enemy soldiers appearing suddenly from a previously cleared dead end, and, of course, the never to be forgotten enemy soldiers who fall under a hail of your bullets, only to pop up and pepper your ass with lead. Guess they all fall under the category of only 'slightly dead', lol. 
    Still and all, it was a blast meeting Captain Price for the first time (again), tho I got him killed immediately when breaking him out of prison, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker