07 February 2012

Morning Vent, 7 February 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM is going to blow a hole in those sexy stockings...

    It was a great weekend at home!! Tomorrow, I have to head North for the ever dreaded four night rotation. Today, tho, my Sweet Gal and I have eye doctor appointments to get to around lunchtime. Over the years, I've rarely been able to get an accurate prescription from an optometrist. It's likely my own fault, because things will look spiffy in the doctor's office, but the actual glasses will be absolutely horrible for distance vision. The prescription I currently use is 10 or 12 years old because it's the one that has been the clearest for me for distance vision.
    I mentioned yesterday something about a 'resurgence' in PC gaming. Today's CoD news has a link with overhead views of the Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer maps. It's noteworthy that the Modern Warfare 3 DLC isn't available for PC players yet. The PlayStation 3 guys and gals will get the new maps at the end of this month, tho. Seems like the PC community (which gave Call of Duty its start, after all!) is still not as important to the developers as the console market.  Guess that's only reasonable, since that's where the money is... But it still kinda ticks me off. 
    I retried Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer on the Wii, reloading it the 'Combat Training' mode. It worked! Sadly, I was really, really bad at it. I managed to eke out a draw against the bots on the very lowest setting. Moving, aiming, and shooting are just abominably bad with the Wiimote. I'll have to practice more, lol. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker