29 March 2012

Morning Vent, 29 March 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM should spend less time at the gym, and more time on a gun safety course...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the first work night of three has ground to a halt, and I'm likely collapsed in a heap, waiting for Mister Sandman. My lovely Effie had to go to work pretty early yesterday, so I didn't dawdle at home. She was going to be back later than I could stay, so I headed North to get the work week started. Lord, I miss my Sweet Gal!! But, come Saturday morning, it will all be all right. I'll be rocketing back home to her sweet smile and pretty face!! Effie, my honey, I love you!! I'll be home in just two more nights!!
    I forgot to mention one of the coolest aspects of our movie and dinner Sunday with grand-daughters Stephanie and Shania: The fortune cookies. We got fortune cookies, of course, with our check, and I took the check and handed out the cookies, one to each gal. The one I handed to my beloved Effie read as follows:


'You are sitting across from the Love of your Life'


    I don't much believe in 'stupid-stitions' as my Effie calls them, but now it's been confirmed not only by lightning and the Magic Eightball, but also by a Chinese fortune cookie!!
  
 

    Earlier this week, I blogged about Robert 'fourzerotwo' Bowling's mysterious departure from Infinity Ward and Activision. He had, perhaps, already ticked off the powers-that-be at Activision by apologizing to Modern Warfare 3 PC gamers. Chatting with Effie and our son Chris over the weekend, I mentioned that Bowling had wanted the old CoD maps to be released for free for Modern Warfare 3 as a kind of giveback to the gamers who have supported the Call of Duty franchise for so many years. And, as indicated by one tidbit of news/rumor below, that may be part of the reason for his departure after all. Also, if this item on This is Xbox is accurate, it seems Bowling resigned his positions without notice, lending some weight to the speculation that it might have been a matter of principle, rather than a career move. Some folks on Twitter have not responded graciously to Bob's departure. Whatever gripes folks may have against the Call of Duty franchise, he deserves better, really. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker