06 March 2012

Morning Vent, 6 March 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 Italian GungalTM sports a spiffy keffiyeh...

    I spent much of the morning alone yesterday, as my beloved wife had a training day scheduled. I spent the first half of the day catching up on my blog, prepping news links and this blog entry. I'm tinkering with setting up a 'Dead Man's Hand' kinda thing, leaving a blog entry with a future post date (that I would continually change) to post automagically if when I shuffle off this mortal coil. It's a pretty morbid thought, but it kinda pops into my head from time to time, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night, heart pounding like a trip-hammer.
 


    Guess some hype is starting up about Halo 4. It won't be a Bungie production, per se, so it's not clear how good (or bad) it will be. My standard gripes about the Halo franchise still apply: far too slow, human weapons way under-powered, the online clientele choc-a-bloc with pre-pubsescent punks who are both boisterous and unjustifiably pleased with themselves. The latter applies to Call of Duty, as well, but CoD has the saving grace of much better gameplay mechanics. I'm usually not in a forgiving mood, and tinkering around with the bitchslap mechanics in Halo 3 killed the franchise for me for good. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker