26 April 2012

Morning Vent, 26 April 2012

GungalTM of the Day
Glock GungalTM shows good trigger discipline...

    AS this auto-posts on the HQ, the first of three nights is done, and I'm already starting the countdown to coming back home to my Sweet Gal!! It'll be just two more nights, and then I'll be rocketing back home to my beloved Effie!! Effie, honey, I love you!!! I'll be home in just two more nights!!!
 


    Not much gaming to speak of this week off. I got in a couple of CoD4 matches on my laptop, but I got skunked by a low battery shutting me off just as I was warming up and doing well. Still, no matter. I did manage to get some things done at the old HQ bunker, tho, including picking up my old Xbox 360 that Reibo dug up for me. I haven't had time to try it out yet to see if it's still functional. That will have to wait until this weekend, if the stars align.
    One piece of good news: I solved, kinda, my HDMI problem on the travel laptop. It seems that the screen resolution is the thing. I downloaded and applied the yitch3 multiplayer config, intended for low powered PCs to run Call of Duty 4 at acceptable frame rates, if not exactly graphic excellence. Running at 800x600 with everything turned off lets the HDMI connection display the same image as the laptop display. It looks horrible, but it might be playable after all. To wit:



   And further:



  So, yeah, it looks like I'll be able to game a bit on my work days, tho I was able to do it today due to a combination of first day insomnia and a bit too much coffee in the AM. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker