05 April 2012

Morning Vent, 5 April 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 Halo GungalTM needs better flank protection...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the first of four work nights is over, and I'm getting ready for some badly needed shuteye. The first night is usually the hardest, the one where turning the clock around really, really hurts, lol. And even worse is being away from home, away from my beloved Effie!! But it's one down now, and just three more nights, and I'm home!!!
    My Sweet Gal got called into work in the AM yesterday, and she worked till after I left for work, so we didn't have a chance to chat in the afternoon. But we did hang together in the morning, and that was wonderful!!!
 



    Another bit of delightful gaming this weekend was watching my Sweet Gal beat the final boss on Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. She did an amazing job, keeping her cool and trying patiently over and over, making steady progress on each attempt. Meanwhile, I was redlining with impatience and frustration over the unfairness of it all... She's got a stronger gamer gene than I do. I would have popped the game back in its case and never looked back, never losing a moment's sleep over it... She did awesome, whooping the final boss in epic style with only 3 hearts and no fairies left when she did it. It was enthralling to watch, for sure. She's restarted the game on 'Hero' mode, which is supposedly wickedly difficult, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes. 
    There was some sad news on the gaming front on Tuesday: Matt64's Xbox 360 finally went belly up after six years of semi-faithful service. The video graphics array had its ultimate meltdown, and Matt was left Xbox-less. I feel his pain. If I could, I'd cosplay Master Chief and play taps over the dang thing. He's already gotten a replacement and moved the saved files over with a transfer cable, so he's already back in the swing, thank goodness! Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker