07 April 2012

Morning Vent, 7 April 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM takes aim... Duck!

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the final work day is here, and it'll be a short one. With Easter tomorrow, I plugged in four hours off for the 2nd half. My plan is to go to the Albany pad, crash hard, and then rocket home to my beloved Effie first thing in the morning. Effie, honey, I love you!! I'll be home tomorrow morning!!!
    I managed to slouch over to the grocery store and picked up a cart full of possibles for the Albany pad, plus a few items for the home front. Best of all, I was able to Skype chat for a while with my beloved Effie for a bit before work. That was pretty dang awesome!! She took Monday off, so fingers crossed that we can chill and recuperate a bit then. The short week home is an awful tease, since it's only three days. The first day is blown since I'm on full zombie auto-pilot after working all night. The other two days go too quick for my liking, lol. As my honey and I were saying, this lottery thing needs to come through for us so we can begin the decadent life of leisure we've been planning for so long.
  
 

    Today's featured video is a crossbow montage from Half-life 2, one of my all time favorite (and still unfinished, lol!) first person shooter games. I always thought that the perfect shooter would be a hybrid of the Half-life Source engine with Call of Duty gameplay mechanics, including aim down the sights. Maybe someday that will actually be accomplished... I think the Unreal 3 engine game Killing Floor comes close to having that feel, but I haven't researched to see whether there are any military flavor shooters that are using the same engine. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker