17 June 2012

Morning Vent, 17 June 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM needs a lot more covering up with her winter camo...

    As this auto-posts on the HQ, the fourth night is long over, and I should be home again (or almost home again). It was a wicked long work week, but it's all in the books now, and I'm going to be in my Pretty Gal's arms in just a few minutes. We'll be sharing our first Father's Day as husband and wife. And, just for the record, yes, I'm going to let myself be pampered like crazy by my Sweet Gal!!! Effie, baby, I love you!! Daddy's home!!!
    Plans for today include some grilling, so we'll be looking forward to some delicious munching in the afternoon!! My wife's sister, Jan (who performed our marriage ceremony) is down from Maine with husband, John. So, it'll be a festive event, for sure.
    Since it's Father's Day, let me wish a happy one to Papa Joker!! I love you, Pop!! If all the stars align, my honey and I can visit him tomorrow and spend a bit of time at the cluttered old HQ.
  
 

    I did swap out my gaming mouse, replacing the trusty Microsoft Intellipoint Explorer for the faster, higher DPI Razer Death Adder. As far as I could tell, the difference, other than a noticeably faster mouse look, was negligible. I'll stick with the Death Adder for now, and I stash the old Explorer mouse in my junk drawer. I didn't have time during the work week to update the XIM3 software. I wasn't willing to take the chance of breaking anything when I might be short of sleep, lol. Maybe I'll try and get that done this week at home, if the stars all align.
    Tho I couldn't manage to hook up with the ultra-busy Matt64 this week, yesterday I did get in few games with my son. It was a blast, tho some glitch kept us from communicating during the match. At least, I couldn't hear him or his missus. We wound up on opposing teams a couple of times, so I don't know what was up with that either, lol. Still, it was great fun, and I actually did well in a few of the matches, tho I'm still slower than pretty much anyone out there. They get me with the shotgun and the flipping knife all the time, even when I've turned them into Swiss cheese with my assault rifle. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker