03 July 2012

Morning Vent, 3 July 2012

GungalTM of the Day
 GungalTM isn't much for trigger finger discipline, either...

    Normally, I'd be singing the 'back-to-work' blues already at this point, since tomorrow, I'd have to haul back to the Albany pad for the start of the work rotation. But I'm taking tomorrow off for the Fourth of July. Not sure what my Pretty Gal and I will be doing for the Fourth, but I'm fairly certain it will involve some scorched meat and meat by-products, lol! As it turned off, my gal's work chore was canceled, and we had the day to ourselves, mostly. We slept in way later than normal, so we got kinda a late start on our chores. Still, a wonderful day, for sure, since we were at home and together!!! Awesome!!
  
 

       Speaking of Spec Ops, I noted that the third-person shooter, Spec Ops: The Line got very good reviews. A lot of reviews specifically mentioned the contrasting realism (in the ethical choice sense) of the game versus typical FPS fare (like my beloved Call of Duty franchise). I'm not tempted to jump the CoD ship just yet. It's a 3rd person title, after all, and that's just not my cup of tea. Matt and I had briefly touched on Halo 4 this week, also, and we focused purely on the multiplayer mechanics. For our money, Call of Duty is a better multiplayer experience, overall, than any of the Halo games. Yes, we had fun with Halo... And, yes, Bungie, et al. know better than anyone how to properly support a fan base. But, truly, Call of Duty is my game. It's one of the first shooters that made me go, Wow! again on the PC after a very, very long layoff from gaming. Halo came after the fact, and it was the social experience of gaming with Matt and Reibo that really made it fun. Once Call of Duty 4 came out, I went for it and never looked back (much). Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker