09 June 2012

Morning Vent, 9 June 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM is packing a sweet MP5 SMG...

    I'm hoping that this post coincides with coming home to my Pretty Gal!!! Like most three banger work weeks, this has seemed way way longer than it should have. But, in a few minutes, the Good Lord willing, my beloved Effie will be in my arms, and all will be right with the world again!!! Effie, baby, I love you!!! I'll be home in just a few minutes!!
    Nothing on the agenda for today, per se. As I texted to my son during the work week, now that my headset issue is fixed, I'm hoping that we can get in a few games of Modern Warfare 3 in together this weekend after he gets off of work. Fingers crossed, lol.
    I forgot to mention earlier that my lovely Missus and I did get a chance to watch The Avengers last week, tho only in 2D. The movie was a lot of fun to watch, for sure. The story line didn't suck, the direction was brisk, and the dialogue didn't embarass any of the actors. The special effects were spectacular without being over the top enough to be annoying, lol. Robert Downey, Jr. gave an delightfully smarmy performance as Tony Stark/Iron Man. and I'm looking forward to Iron Man 3, which is currently filming. I'm keeping an eagle-eye for a package offering of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 bundled together, but no luck so far. 
 


    Tho my performance on this week's matches was pretty dang lackluster, I did manage to unlock the silencer on the MK-14 variant of the venerable M14 rifle. I always found the M14 in CoD to be problematic, since hip-firing was ridiculously inaccurate. And it still is. In one Hardcore Ricochet match, I banged away at a guy who was less than 20 feet from me and managed to miss him altogether. You can pepper someone with multiple 12 gauge rounds in fractions of a second, but apparently a 10 pound rifle has too much recoil to be accurate firing from the hip. Whatever.

    I was a bit disappointed in myself that I wasn't controlling my swearing better. I dropped no F-bombs, lol, but there were other epithets a-plenty. I'll try and do better. I think it's playing alone that makes things suck more than usual. If I had some friendly comrades, it would feel more like good-natured fun and less like having my ass handed to me in a basket. Hey, I'm a work in progress, lol.
    Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker