10 September 2012

Morning Vent, 10 September 2012

GungalTM of the Day

Apocalyptic GungalTM vogues it with her M16...

    Not sure whether my Pretty Gal will have work hours today or not. If I have no pressing missions, I'll try to shoot over to the storage unit to get some work done there and visit Mama and Papa Joker afterward. Fingers crossed on all fronts. 
  
 

    One disturbing aspect of Friday's gameplay came at the end, right before work: I downloaded the Modern Warfare 3 'Final Assault' DLC map pack. When I went to start up the game, the Xbox hung on the disc read. It reported the disk as unreadable. After the ass-whuppings I received on the Medal of Honor multiplayer cheating douche-fest, it was a really, really unpleasant and unwelcome finale to a moderately crappy day. On the plus side, I was well rested from my napping. I slept better during a work day than I have in a long time. So, tho I was ticked off, at least I wasn't outright exhausted and ticked off, lol. I'm hoping that the disk read errors will just go away. Xbox optical drives have a bad habit of dying, and I'm not in the mood to have to replace one of my gaming units. It would truly torque me out, lol. OTOH, if I have to buy a replacement disc, I'll try to get it from the very excellent Amazon seller who dealt with me so fairly this last week. Moving on...

2 comments:

iamsquatch said...

I had the same problem when I downloaded the Final Assault maps, all I had to do to get it working was delete it from my hard drive and re-download. Hope that helps!

Joker961 said...

As a matter of fact, the fix was just downloading the initial content file, leaving the maps in place. Thanks!

 
eXTReMe Tracker