07 September 2012

Morning Vent, 7 September 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM Jessie Harrison-Duff concentrates downrange...

    As this auto-posts on the blog, the first of three nights is done, and I'm ready for some much-needed sleep. In just two more nights, I'll be back home in my honey's arms again, and all will be right with the world once more. Effie, baby, I love you!! I'll be home on Sunday!!! 
 



    With the my Sweet Gal at work on Thursday, I took Medal of Honor out for a spin again. With the save games on my Xbox at home, I decided to try out the multiplayer. With a two year old game that doesn't have 'Call of Duty 'in its title, there were only a handful (about 500) players online, and they about all seemed to be cheaters and douchebags. I was surprised at how poorly the multiplayer maps were designed. They seemed to promote spawn camping. On a couple of maps, the friendly spawns were located on a single street, and the enemy was literally shooting the entire team down 'fish in a barrel' style. There were a ridiculous number of mortar, artillery, and air strikes raining down. There were douchers a plenty staking out specific spawn points, too, so it was literally spawning and immediately dying for ten minutes at a clip. Yes, Electronic Arts truly screwed the pooch on this one: It was the FPS equivalent of the 'shooting a staked down rabbit' event from the Monty Python 'Twit of the Year' competition... Still, I kept on, my curses blazing a blue streak through the air as I died over and over and over and over... Maybe the upcoming MoH sequel Medal of Honor: Warfighter is doomed to multiplayer mediocrity before it even starts. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker