08 September 2012

Morning Vent, 8 September 2012

GungalTM of the Day

USCM GungalTM Jenette Goldstein readies her 'smartgun' in Aliens...

    As this auto-posts on the blog, the second of three nights, is done, and I'm really, really counting down to going home to my honey!! Tonight will be the last night, and I'll be packing up all my gear today to get ready for the trip home in the AM. Effie, honey, I love you!!! I'll be home tomorrow!! 
  
 

    In a neat bit of serendipity, today's gungal echoes one of today's gaming links: Aliens: Colonial Marines. You'd think that the pulse-pounding concept of space marines versus ultra-deadly xenomorphs would make for a slew of successful video games, but that isn't the case. the Aliens franchise success has eluded the video game genre so far. Maybe Aliens: Colonial Marines can make a splash recycling the 'versus' concept from Left 4 Dead and giving it a 'bughunt' spin.
    I mentioned getting a replacement Modern Warfare 2 disc a few blogs back. The disc arrived at home this week, and I was already looking forward to playing those familiar and annoying Spec Ops missions. And... the disc had multiple radial cracks on the spindle opening. It just wasn't safe to put in the drive of my Xbox. I was pretty ticked. Expecting disappointment, I emailed the seller on Amazon. She asked whether I wanted a refund or exchange, and I said a replacement disc would be just fine. I expected to have to return the defective disc, but she said to just throw it out and she'd send a replacement. How awesome is that? Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker