24 October 2012

Morning Vent, 24 October 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM does the akimbo thing...

    If all the stars have aligned, my newly repaired Jeep and I will be up in Albany today for the start of a short, three night rotation. As, I like to say, 'Fingers crossed', lol. Regardless, my honey will be home waiting for me, and, come Saturday, I'll be rocketing back home to her loving arms and sweet face. Effie, honey, I love you!!! I can't wait to come home to you again!!! 
  

    Speaking of Black Ops 2, I might mention one of my main disappointments with the Black Ops single player: No zombies. There were zombies spotted in some of the advertising. They appeared to run amok at a Nova 6 bioweapons lab. Parts of the game appear to promise zombies around the next corner, using music cues and sound effects, but they never materialize except in the co-op parts of the game. Since the game does have an alternate history, scifi vibe to it, why didn't the game go ahead and have zombies in the single player campaign? Maybe they felt the horror aspects of the game were not in keeping with the Call of Duty tradition. I dunno. I distinctly recall that the horror elements of Return to Castle Wolfenstein were not to my liking at all. I really liked a straight up combat with no supernatural aspect to it at all. Despite that, it was something of a letdown not to have a zombie outbreak in the main campaign in Black Ops. Just saying. My understanding is that Black Ops 2 will have an 'open world' zombie storyline that will be participated in through multiplayer. Guess we'll see in November. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker