28 October 2012

Morning Vent, 28 October 2012

GungalTM of the Day

Vinyl Lingerie GungalTM wears shades to keep her cool...

    Sunday, as I often say, is my fun day. No work for me, and none for my honey. Not sure whether she'll have work hours tomorrow, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'll likely be on standby at home, waiting on whether our son needs a ride. His car has been getting some repairs and they have to be finished off today or tomorrow, depending on scheduling. As for my Jeep, I got the gas tank issue resolved. The Jeep has a bright and shiny new gas tank. I was a bit shocked when gas just kept going into that thing. I'm used to a 15-16 gal tank, and this one is apparently 22. It took $85 to fill that sucker up, lol.
  
 

       I've got Duke Nukem Forever on tap for some future gaming, maybe to fill in the void between now and when Black Ops 2 gets released. I've never played any of the Duke games, ever. I bought the Duke games for the PC in a mega-pack edition ('Nuclear', IIRC), but, since this was the old DOS days, I never got them working due to sound card conflicts. Gamers nowadays are definitely spoiled since they don't usually have to search high and low to resolve driver conflicts before playing a game. They just put the game in the drive tray and go. I ran across the old Duke games at my storage unit a few months back. In a fit of nostalgia, I almost kept them, packrat that I am. Then, common sense took hold, and I put them in the trash for future archaeologists to marvel over when they excavate some landfill a thousand years from now, lol. The Duke Nukem Forever game took some bad press from reviewers on its release. I'm hoping it's not as bad as they said. I'll write about it here when I get a chance to take it out for a spin. I still haven't returned to Homefront's single player, BTW. I might ask my son to get past the sticking point for me since he's a lot better as a gamer than I am, lol. I might also give it a try with a standard controller - gasp! - since flying is something that might be better done with a gamepad than with a mouse/keyboard. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker