31 October 2012

Morning Vent, 31 October 2012 (Halloween)

GungalTM of the Day

Cosplay GungalTM is set for an akimbo Halloween as Bayonetta...

    It's Halloween, but sadly I have to work. My Sweet Gal worked hard on the grandkids' costumes, and they surely look great. I'll have to skip gorging on candy, tho, as I'll be driving up to Albany for a long, dreary four banger work rotation. Still, come Sunday, I'll be back home with my honey, and all will be right with the world again!!! Effie, honey, I love you!! I'll be back home in just four nights!!
 



    Quick word on Act of Valor: It was awesome for me on two levels: I really enjoyed the realism. One of the spoilers for me with action movies is the 'get the eff outta here!' factor. Having been in the military, something that's utter BS just sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, small technical details which a casual observer wouldn't take note of immediately take me out of the experience. There's none of that in Act of Valor. Everything feels authentic: The trappings, the dialogue, the way the actors (real-life SEALs) move and respond under fictional fire all seem chillingly real. An additional 'cool' factor for me is the immersiveness of the first person perspective used over and over in the film. Knowingly or not, the film-makers used the highly involving perspective used in modern military shooter video games. And that, for me, is quite a plus. Great action, a military theme, plenty of bad guys to wax: Act of Valor has it all. The only thing that could be better is if it was a video game I could actually play. Moving on...


Even more Bayonetta cosplay


No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker