12 November 2012

Morning Vent, 12 November 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM takes advantage of her optics...

    Had a wonderful Saturday home with my honey, tho I was pretty dang wiped from the work night before. I spent that larger part of the day dozing on the couch, out like a light, and I still managed to drift off to sleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow! It came as a bit of a shock when my honey woke me up for an awesome dinner of chicken fried steak! On Saturday night, I sinned a bit with a slice of chocolate peanut butter cake that I brought home in the morning. It was awesome. Sunday was a slow day till the afternoon, when we had to pack up to go to a burpeeday party for nieces Hannah and Billie Jo. Meanwhile preparations continue for my honey's burpeeday later in the week. I've got a couple of days off plugged for that and, less importantly, for Black Ops 2's release on Tuesday!!
  
 

     
    On Thursday, my missus was moving furniture!! She totally rearranged the bedroom, making it look a lot more roomy in the pictures that she messaged me. For my part, I shirked my Black Ops responsibilities and played a bit more of Halo: Anniversary. I managed to scrape by some of the driving section. I got the hang, somewhat, of driving with the mouse and keyboard, tho I definitely dinged some Warthog fenders (and ran over a couple of UNSC Marines) in the process. Still no AI volunteers to take the wheel, tho I seem to recall that the PC version did have the Marines driving for me, tho no better than I could do, lol. One aspect of the game that I really, really liked: It's not a thinly concealed 'rail shooter' like CoD tends to be. Halo pretty much lets you wander off in any direction, whether it advances your objective or not. And you don't have to tackle enemies in any particular order or any specific way, either. I accidentally crashed my Warthog into a Covenant facility doorway, and I exited right into the corridor. Cortana urged me to explore the interior, and, rather than backing out, I bulled my way through the interior of the temple, laying waste to Covenant grunts and Elites as I went. It was refreshing. In one section, I had to figure out that I had to floor it with the Warthog to make a jump across a short gap in the road. Even when I was momentarily stumped, as when my memory failed me on where the switch was to turn on the 'light bridge' to allow the Warthog to proceed, it was awesome being able to just figure out a way to get from here to there all on my own, without the game leading me by the nose.
    I'm wondering whether there's a 'Halo 2 Anniversary Edition' somewhere in the future. Halo 2, I thought, was the best of the Halo franchise multiplayer. It was the most balanced, and the one which let me deal out simulated death like gangbusters with my Fragjoy amped bitchslap, lol. Good times, friends, good times. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker