04 November 2012

Morning Vent, 4 November 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM Megan Marie does a spiffy Lady Two-Face cosplay, complete with proper trigger finger discipline...

    AS this autoposts on the blog, I should be on my home, almost home, hopefully. I might be delayed a bit by an early morning bagel run. It's also time for the seasonal clock change, so that'll take the starch out of me. Most people gain an hour's sleep. Night shift guys like me will lose an hour's sleep, dangit. No matter, since in a few minutes, I'll be in my Sweet Gal's arms, and all will be right with the world again!!! Effie, baby, I love you!! I'll be home in a few minutes!

    Not many plans for today, as it's Sunday, and I'll be trying to rest up a bit. My lovely missus and I have tentative plans to hit Leo's, our favorite Italian restaurant.
    Since, as I like to say, I try to watch my 'girlish figure', I've noticed my weight creeping up a bit in the past couple of months. I've been averaging about 195, up from a previous average around 185. That in mind, I've taken some corrective measures. I downloaded an Android app called MyFitnessPal for my smartphone, and I'm using it to document my meals. It seems to be a comprehensive fitness aid, with entries for food, calories, nutrition info, and exercise. I was impressed with the search function on it, which so far has found nutritional info on a lot of the stuff I usually buy for my apartment food. I think the main culprit for my slow weight gain has been one of my all time favorite foods: peanut butter. I typically have PB and (sugarless) J sandwiches as a bedtime snack, and I slather on the peanut butter nice and thick, lol. For the time being, I'm cutting back my sandwich rations, recording the data, and I'll be monitoring my weight change, if any. Slow and easy does it.

  
 

        The bargain basement surround sound headphones I bought with the gift cards my honey gave me got stalled in Pennsylvania due to the hurricane, but I got a text from Amazon that they had been delivered on Thursday. During the short week, there's usually not much time for gaming, but maybe I'll be able to play a bit. It'll be interesting to see how different the surround sound audio is versus standard stereo.
    There's just a bit over a week before the release date for Black Ops 2, so, despite my frequent Call of Duty disappointments over the years, I'm still feeling a bit excited, lol. This is especially the case since my honey got me the 'Hardened' Edition pre-ordered at our local GameStop. I've never had any of the 'special' editions of Call of Duty before, so this should be quite a treat. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker