05 November 2012

Morning Vent, 5 November 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalsTM storm the beach...

    My Sweet Gal and I never made it out to dinner, as we unexpectedly had the grandkids later than we thought, and they turned out to be a handfull. My missus bore the brunt of it, as I was pretty worthless after working the thirteen hours the night before. My wife worked wonders with left-over pork, tho. It was awesome. It's wonderful to be home!!
  

       In Saturday's news links, there were a couple of Medal of Honor: Warfighter reviews, and, as far as I can tell, the single player reviews have been pretty savage. The campaign is criticized for being excessively linear and unoriginal. I think that imitating the Call of Duty franchise is both unnecessary and unwise. In a choice between Call of Duty and 'Call of Duty', the former will win out every time. Perhaps it's time to consider whether a multiplayer only game is the way to go, since campaigns are frequently an afterthought. Sadly, what was original the meat and potatoes of gaming is now reduced to a primer to learn the controller layout before jumping into the online action. As I've decided not to purchase Medal of Honor: Warfighter for the foreseeable future, I can't say. I still like the MoH reboot's campaign; in my gut, it seems a better effort than the Call of Duty series, overall. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker