09 November 2012

Morning Vent, 9 November 2012

GungalTM of the Day

GungalTM has good trigger finger discipline...

    As this auto-posts on the blog, the 2nd of 3 nights is done, and I'm bracing myself for the home stretch. In 24 hours, I'll be home!! I can't wait!! Effie, my honey, I love you!!! I'll be home with you tomorrow!! 
  
 

    With my honey at work all afternoon Wednesday into the early evening, I had a couple of hours at the Albany pad. I spun up Halo: Anniversary Edition and tried out the campaign. I didn't realize until about an hour in that I'd been playing on the low resolution settings. I was wondering why folks were making such a fuss about the 'improved' graphics when they kinda looked like crap. When I toggled the graphics to high rez (after planetfall on Halo itself), I was suitably impressed by the improvements; the grass turned from a carpet into, well, grass. I thoroughly fragged, shot, and bitch-slapped a bunch of Covenant enemies, then I promptly climbed aboard a Warthog behind the mounted gun, expecting one of the UNSC Marines would get behind the wheel and chauffeur me to the next waypoint. Unfortunately, no one stepped up, lol. And it was just like old times, running into trees and logs before just giving up on it for the day, but not before I walked around butt-stroking every non-driving UNSC Marine within reach of my buttstock, lol. Whether PC or Xbox, I can't drive for beans. (And, some would say, that's not all that different from real life, lol.) Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker